Wednesday 3 July 2013

Infrared film captures the English countryside

Another occasion when elements came together was late June 2013, when I decided that infrared film was doing no good in my freezer, and I decided to just take a walk. I used an MPP camera to get this, and with a 'black' R72 filter, and Kodak infrared 5x4 film, I managed to get two shots successfully. I have had low success rates with this film: it either works or it doesn't. I had about 20% success rate on this trip - only a third of the sheets weren't completely black. This is one of them, the long straight between Shutlanger and Heathencote, near Towcester. I have tested this film before and when it comes out it is lovely. Even with a degree of knowledge about this subject, I am at a loss to understand what went wrong with the other sheets. If you have any ideas please let me know.
Of course I won't give up! The English countryside is beautiful, isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment